What to Do If I Have Been Served? Effective & Affordable Representation

What To Do If I Have Been Served?

Counsel from a Franklin County Divorce Lawyer

If you have been served divorce papers it is probably a confusing and frustrating time. As a Franklin County divorce lawyer, I understand how difficult this time can be. I have helped numerous individuals successfully navigate their divorce and dissolution matters in a peaceful manner. My goal is to help clients resolve their legal issues in the best way possible–however, I am not afraid to stand up for my clients' rights in court. From simple divorce and dissolution cases too tough contested battles, I know how to handle it all.

When you come to me, you can rest assured that you will receive caring, compassionate and understanding support. I truly care about helping my clients protect their rights and their futures.

Reviewing Your Papers Carefully

One of the most essential things you can do is to carefully read and review the papers. You should look for any court dates, custody mediation dates and other important dates that will require action. Typically, you can expect to have about 30 days to file a response, though some mediation dates are set earlier. This means you will need to take fast action upon receiving your divorce papers.

You don't have to go through this time alone–I am here to provide the counsel you need during this time. Whether you are surprised or were expecting the papers, it is important that defend your personal rights. If a court date has been set but you still don't have an attorney, you can ask to continue the court date–so long as your spouse gives it to you, this will allow for extra preparation time.

If you have overlooked your divorce papers carefully or would like assistance with reviewing them, I am here to talk. Contact my office today to schedule your 30-minute consultation. 

We're Here for You

Learn More About How We Can help